Friday 4 March 2016

Roam Sweet Roam

Travel  has been my passion since childhood and Malaysia /Singapore had been on my list for quite some time.  But as they say it's the people that make a place.  Hence when my daughter and family moved to Singapore from Hong Kong last July I thought "now was the time". 

Travelling is not my husband's cup of tea.  However Singapore/Malaysia has been his dreamland right from childhood.  More than half a century ago when his uncles and cousins used to visit them back in their native village in South India during vacations he nourished a secret desire of visiting these places  "some day". Malaysia/ Singapore was a "dreamland" in his imagination those days ...he's often told me.  So when I expressed my desire to visit these places he  readily agreed. 

I started looking out for packages and it was then that I came across Moonstone Travels Ernakulam.  The reviews were good and I got in touch with their office.  The staff were really courteous.  After a research on few other travel agents   we chose Moonstone......and we are quite happy we did.

We started off on February 9th from Cochin to Kuala Lumpur by Air Asia EK 38.  There were around 30 of us all strangers who gradually became good friends by the end of the 6 day tour package with Mr. Shinu Poulose of Moonstone accompanying us. 
AT 8 PM on Tuesday February 9th me and my husband reached Cochin Nedumbassery airport.  Our flight took off at 10.55,  15 minutes ahead of schedule.  The aircraft was not that great. Being a budget carrier no food/water was available.  Leg space is much less than normal aircrafts.  However for a short journey of 4 1/2 hours these things did not really matter. Click on the below link to follow our trip.

Day 1 - Kuala Lumpur

No comments:

Post a Comment